Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Higher "Rez" Seems to Offer Lower Overall Quality

I won't go into specifics, but I can get any available album at any available quality for free. My point in stating this is not to ignite an argument about the morality or lack thereof of pirated music, but to make it clear that my observations are completely objective. I don't think that true objectivity is possible when you have hundreds or thousands of dollars invested in IMHO pointless technology.

I've compared about a dozen 24/192 tracks to their 16/44 counterparts. I went into this fully expecting the higher bit rate and depth tracks to sound better, but what I experienced was exactly the opposite.

The 24/192 tracks, over a wide variety of artists and genres, consistently sounded thinner and less musical than the 16/44 versions.

This could explain the dichotomy in the wide spread adoption of higher resolution video .vs audio formats.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Higher "Rez" Seems to Offer Lower Overall Quality - jaydacus 10:00:39 09/24/16 (61)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.