Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Looking for inmate opinions about multichannel

I have a 4.2 / 2.0 multichannel / stereo transformable system in my living room. It is a m-ch system that can certainly show up any stereo laggards the error of their ways.

Front and back speakers are identical. And I've chosen not to have centre speaker for very specific reasons. When I'm not listening to m-ch, both pieces of subs are removed from the room, and the 2 rear speakers' positive and negative terminals are shorted to avoid any unnecessary magnetic fields interference. Its the reason why i opted not to have set up the centre channel. It is guaranteed your stereo sound reproduction will suffer merely by having a strong magnetic field presence in that space between your 2 front speakers!

One secret to having better seamless integration between front and rear channels is to have the rears positioned at 110 degree, but instead of them aiming at the listening ears in the sweet spot, they should be pointed more towards the front, focal point being slightly in front of the listener. This way i get holographic soundstage height that extend close to the ceiling with some m-ch music and movie recordings.

Yes, m-ch done well is a joy to savour!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.