Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

"Self-serving and self-satisfied"

Don't be surprised if you come away from the Brusilow autobiography with the same impression. The juicier gossip comes not from Cleveland but from his Philadelphia years and his complex, conflicted relationship with Ormandy. When Brusilow decided to pursue conducting, friction with his boss was inevitable. My overall take is that Brusilow was misguided in taking up the baton; one must conclude that the music world exchanged a first-rate concert master for a so-so conductor. After the Dallas fiasco, he never really got a shot at any sort of position with a major orchestra. (I'm going by his account, not my own research.)

As for the Szell/Beethoven: here's some of the pertinent data according to Sony's booklet:

Tape transfer and remix from original analog master tapes, DSD remastering (2016): Andreas K. Meyer (Meyer Media LLC)

Original recording session producers: Howard H. Scott, Paul Myers, Thomas Frost

Original recording engineers: Edward T. Graham, Frank Bruno

This set of SACDs was accompanied by a disc of Beethoven overtures. Perhaps they'll get to the Fleisher concertos in due course.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.