Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Bryston BDA-3 DAC

One of the guys in our Space Coast Audio Society has a BDA-3 with an Oppo 103. It passes the file from an SACD.

James Tanner of Bryston has posted multiple times on Audio Circle about his dislike for digital volume controls. I guess they could always have a change of heart.

I liked the DAC lots (I owned a BDA-1 at one point but since the BDA-2 did not do DSD I bought a used Meitner just before the BDA-2 was released - I know a reviewer so I asked him).

I've been after them for a few years about doing a top of the line preamp with HT Bypass and I went in another direction (Modwright).

Back in the beginning of 2003, the Canadian Dollar was $0.62 to the USD for a bit. I bought two lightly used Bryston SST amps within that year. Over a period time the value of the Canadian Dollar crept about even to the USD (I believe it is down to about $0.78 now) and their list prices went up and have not retreated with the decline of the Canadian to USD. With quality amps and preamps available from other sources (e.g. Odyssey, AVA, Modwright, etc.), it's not quite the bargain it once was (certainly makes one consider either to the used market for Bryston or other choices).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.