Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Someone needs to release the Beecham as an SACD!! No HIPsters in sight. nt

I presume that you mean the 1959 NSO recording? (there is an earlier Beecham recording).

That is interesting as over here in the work's homeland the classic version of that style of performance from the 1950s is not that of Beecham but Sir Malcolm Sargent with the Huddersfield Choral Society and the RLPO. A recording I was brought up on as a child. Can you imagine coming from a time when the Hallelujah Chorus was a popular request on children's radio programmes ?

The recording also documents the tradition of English amateur choral singing which dates back almost to Handel's day. This chorus has the music in its bones.

Suitable for SACD release? We are now lucky to get wnatever scraps that are released in that format. Trouble is that although the recording is now in the public domain the original tapes sit in Warner's vaults. Would it be economic for anyone to secure a licence from them for SACD release?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Someone needs to release the Beecham as an SACD!! No HIPsters in sight. nt - PAR 15:09:55 04/26/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.