Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Can you cite a source

I appreciate your desire not to rely upon speculation. However I can assure you that what I said is the case.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with anything online to verify this as there were no press releases etc. The story emerges from business to business relationships between manufacturers and suppliers. You will find the story, at least in part and with loads of resulting speculation, on other forums such as the Steve Hoffman (postings from last year).

My source for the story is impeccable - one of the high end manufacturers whose product line has now been affected and who have been forced to virtually withdraw from the SACD player market due to no availability of OEM SACD mechanisms. They continue to manufacture a very limited output of SACD transports for the time being which rely exclusively on their back stock of mechanisms. This is despite this particular manufacturer having been one of the format's developers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.