Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: I listened to this last night a couple of times through

I have posted about this before but to clarify a few points. The original multitrack done in Chicago is a digital tape done on an Otari digital multitrack tape recorder. It was then mixed down to a 2 track PCM digital master and then mastered to a final digital master that produced the original CDS. For this new CD they made a digital file copy of the original digital multitrack and took it to Capital records in California. This multitrack was mixed using the Capital Neve council and Capitals live echo chambers producing a new PCM digital master. This PCM 2 track was then converted straight to a 2 track DSD master along with a new surround mix. In the transfer to DSD nothing was done to change the PCM 2 track. The DSD master is the source of the new SACD. I agree with you I like the original better, but the SACD is interesting. It has to be played louder to get its full impact
Also the same engineer who did the original did the new SACD
Alan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I listened to this last night a couple of times through - ahendler 11:24:25 04/22/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.