Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: onebitaudio

The Sony ES series is supposedly built to a much higher standard than their run of the mill products for AV so hopefully it should last. At the moment Marantz are still introducing new SACD players but Sony seem to have done nothing serious since the XA5400ES which is a little surprising as that player sold out very quickly so there is clearly a large enough market for such speciality products. I wonder why Sony read the situation so much differently to Marantz?

Of course Sony had to do a lot of belt tightening over the last few years and they would argue that their HAPZ iES player (sorry if that is not the correct designation) meets modern needs but as this thread proves few audiophiles are that interested in streaming and down-loading.

It's good to find some old friends on this site and perhaps we should bury our differences of opinion on the SA7 and focus in future on the many issues of concern to audiophiles that we do agree upon.

Best wishes

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.