Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Does anyone know about the Yes High Vibration SACDs?

This is very, very, odd to me....

So, the word is that these SACDs are highly compressed and sound pretty crappy.

The ones to get are the Steve Wilson "remixes" which supposedly, sound really great, and are not compressed.

I noticed the word "remixes." Did Wilson get the original 24 or (heaven forbid) 72 track 2 inch "rough" mixes and completely change the content and come up with all new interpretations of the original recordings from the ones that went to vinyl?

Typically, (especially at that time), compression was added at the pressing plant during EQ when building the lacquers.

Or, was the great sin of compression applied during the building of the DSD files, (from what presumably be), the 1/4" master? If so, - then WTF??? and WHY??

Or, - is Yessongs the only set that is highly compressed, and that was done in "re-mixing" "repair" studio where they (cheated) and added the overdubs during the mixing of the 2 channel, 1/4" tapes?

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Does anyone know about the Yes High Vibration SACDs? - Sordidman 15:54:14 02/25/16 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.