Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: OPPO as network player for hi rez?

I don't know anything about the bad reviews on Amazon, but I have a 103 that does a fine job of streaming everything up to DSD64, streaming files wirelessly from my PC in the next room. I use the HDMI output to my receiver, so I won't comment on the analog outputs from the 103. There is an easy to use smartphone app that allows you to control any of the Oppo 10x models without needing a TV monitor to navigate through the audio files.

It does NOT stream internet radio. It DOES stream Tidal (haven't tried it; it must be accessed through the phone app, by the way) and the Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall (both of these are fee services). It will stream YouTube and either the paid or free version of Pandora.

Some people run into firewall issues; Oppo tech support is fast and helpful via email.

The 105D has a better set of analog outputs, by most reports (haven't heard it). The "D" models have identical audio quality to the non-D models; the "D" is a video processing circuit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: OPPO as network player for hi rez? - pbarach 19:29:22 02/09/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.