Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: OPPO as network player for hi rez?

> Are the OPPO players any good as streaming network player?

It probably depends on what you want to stream. I have an OPPO BDP-105D and it is basically the heart of my audio/video entertainment system. I stream Netflix, Pandora, and YouTube with my OPPO, but it also contains applications for Vudu, Cinema Now, Berliner Philharmoniker, Rhapsody, and Tidal.

It also contains three USB type "A" ports that can be used to connect USB hard drives and flash drives containing hi-res music files and video files. It will play PCM up to 24/192 and DSD(64). It has a USB Type "B" DAC input that can play PCM up to 24/192, DSD(64) and DSD(128). I have about four terabytes of hi-res music that I play using hard drives and flash drives connected directly to its USB type "A" ports.

Then, of course, it will play DVDs, BluRay Discs, CDs, SACDs, etc. The OPPO BDP-105D will play virtually all formats of digital. It has an exceptional ESS Sabre32 Reference Audiophile DAC and balanced analog outputs. I think it sounds very good. In my opinion, it is "voiced" to improve the sound of digital by removing harshness and providing a "tube-like" pleasing sound quality. You can get a lot more information about the OPPO BDP-105D from the link below.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: OPPO as network player for hi rez? - John Elison 07:40:25 02/09/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.