Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Yes Fragile Steven Wilson Remaster blu ray

Of course it's remastered. This is the first issue of the Wilson versions. When something's remixed, there is no existing master, by definition, of the remix. A new master must be made.

Regarding the need for another trip to the well, the 5.1 mix on this is stellar. Not a radical reimagining like Wilson's take on Close to the Edge, but an opening-up of the original mix - respectful of the past, but definitely bringing a new perspective to the piece.

No comparison to the 2002 Rhino Elektra DVD-A 5.1 by Tim Widener. It was one of the first hi-res surround discs I bought (heck, it was Yes - seemed tailor-made for the format). I was massively disappointed - found it congested, muddy and dark. Wilson lifts a veil and really sets you down in the middle of the band.

Perhaps in saying it was not remastered you are referring to the port of the '02 DVD-A on the Blu-Ray? Scratching my head as to why that was included, except maybe to keep the completists happy. I know I won't be listening to it.

Edits: 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15 11/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yes Fragile Steven Wilson Remaster blu ray - radiodaddy 16:16:39 11/22/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.