Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Anyone know the provenance of Erroll Garner: The Complete Concert By The Sea?

As it is a recent release from Sony Legacy we can confidently assume that it is a production made from the original analogue master tapes. Secondly given its origin and date that an ADC using a bit depth/sample rate higher than 16/44.1 was used . Therefore it is virtually certain that your broad question of whether a hi rez ADC was used is "yes" if hi rez means greater than 16/44.1. It won't be a dub from the CD. I am sure of that with the suppliers mentioned. But what?

HD Tracks offer the album at either 24/96 or 24/192. One or the other (or both) must be sample rate converted as Sony won't have produced two masters. I am always suspicious of the numbers game particularly as the highest ones tend not to be commonly used professionally. However don't HD Tracks offer some kind of general provenance over their offerings? I thought that it is their USP given their pricing (particularly here in the UK).

I look forward to any definitive information as I too am after this one.

Edits: 10/14/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anyone know the provenance of Erroll Garner: The Complete Concert By The Sea? - PAR 22:13:35 10/14/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.