Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

David Bowie "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust" 2012 Remaster

-"and The Spiders from Mars."

This is fourth in the Five Years Box Set. All 24/192.

This is the 2012 Virgin/EMI remaster done by original Trident Studios' engineer Ray Staff at London's AIR Studios.

That's the only provenance I could give you on any of these albums. I've read that the rather extensive liner notes cover some of this. Unfortunately they don't come with the download. I do have one or two downloads that came with a text file, and I wish the record companies would do that more with the downloads.

Overall this remaster seems to conform more to the norm. I give them credit. At least they leave a little headroom at -0.8 db Total Peak Level. Many are 0.0 db. European Broadcasting standards say a minimum of -1.0 db TPL.

There is greater high frequency content on this recording compared to the previous three. 62 or 63kHz being average, and 68kHz being the highest.

>"TO BE PLAYED AT MAXIMUM VOLUME"

Those were the instructions on the back. I vividly remember buying this album. It was 1979, and I was 14. My grandfather had me fish some antique soda bottles out of an old piece of heavy equipment at his shop, and he took me to Mr. Causey's Junk Shop. I got some change and spent it on records. I did know who Bowie was because I had seen "I am a DJ" on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and I also liked "All the Young Dudes." I also liked the instructions on the back. I still have that album. I'm lucky that I never lost a collection to flooding or the usual suspects.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

Edits: 10/13/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - David Bowie "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust" 2012 Remaster - Mr_Steady 19:06:23 10/13/15 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.