Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: David Bowie "The Man Who Sold the World" 2015 Remix

I agree the RYKOs do sound better, and I seem to remember them being louder than the Virgin release, but don't hold me to that. I've found these new 2015 remasters have superb dynamic range. It makes such a difference, and doubly so with Bowie.

Since we're talking about grunge, :) You know how they say that digital has better bass than vinyl? So far I have found that to be true. Well on the first two albums Tony Visconti the producer also plays the bass guitar. On some of the songs on the first two albums he really turns up the bass, and it is very forward in the music. Well I use folded W bass horns, and jeez it sounds like some bassist is laying down some grungy bass riffs right in your living room. Hard. I like it. In fact it kind of blew me away when it hit me. It's not just me, Visconti was not playing around.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: David Bowie "The Man Who Sold the World" 2015 Remix - Mr_Steady 17:43:51 10/06/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.