Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: 24 bit BUT 44.1 KHz(?) "Hi Res" from HDTracks. SQ compared to 16bit/44.1?

A lot slower here, almost a 30-year-old area. I can see what people around me could possibly be getting max (wifi scan!, shows available rates and which mode they're using) and it's not pretty. The ISPs throttle and compress (video), reduce monthly "bandwidth" alotments, etc. to get the most revenue/customers without having to spend.

All bitrate tiers are sold here as "up to" xMbps, which technically/legally means zero is within the range. Seriously, I was paying for a high bitrate and wasn't getting near the tier max, so went a tier lower, and then again, and again, and I still had the same bitrate! For a lot less $$.

We have plenty of available "tiers" where you'll get less than 12Mbps (e.g. 3/6/10Mbps are common). But then again, anything less than a sustainable 40Mbps would not make me change the way I do anything, as it would be a step down, and I won't do that as long as I am able. In new developments, or more likely condos with "forced" service with a provider, 50Mbps and even 100Mbps are available. I've never heard of higher in Toronto, but I don't keep up that much as it's not available where I am.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 24 bit BUT 44.1 KHz(?) "Hi Res" from HDTracks. SQ compared to 16bit/44.1? - cfraser 16:27:20 09/27/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.