Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Tascam DA-3000 Should I own one?

Received my new DA-3000 last week for a very nice price.
I purchased it to use solely as a DAC, based on the nice reviews for it's dual-mono power supply design and it bests my old DAC considerably.
Channel separation and sound stage increase was the first thing I noticed but the background noise level decrease became obvious after several hours listening. The sound quality delivered I believe is well above the price point on this one.
You can also SRC up to 5.6MHz DSD.
Obviously the user interface was not designed to be intuitive to the casual home listener, and that would be my biggest complaint. Takes some practice to quickly find the settings for DAC use versus record/playback.
The tiny remote also has extremely limited functionality, though I did finally work it so that I can tweak the volume level from my chair :)
The USB inputs are for keyboard connection and file copy or "playback" only. As mentioned, no recording to USB stick.
You can move files easily between the CF, SD and USB stick so I record to the CF card and then copy to the USB stick to move to the PC.
I would also recommend you take a look at the free TASCAM HI-RES EDITOR link I post. It might solve some of the DSD editing issues I see mentioned.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.