Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Tascam DA-3000 Should I own one?

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for the recommendation. I had considered the UD-501 but some of my other audio buddies thought it might not be that good. It does have the same DAC chips that are in my DA-3000 and the price is certainly reasonable. However, I just noticed Teac now has a UD-503 that is supposed to be even better. Of course, the price is nearly three times higher than the UD-501. Oh, well.

I just figured out how to use my DA-3000 as an external DAC for streaming PCM digital from my computer. Some time ago I bought an April Music Stello U3 USB Link and I just connected it in-between my computer and the AES/EBU input on the TASCAM. I put the TASCAM in its AD/DA direct mode and turned on its monitor function. It is now operating as a DAC for computer audio streaming and it sounds fantastic. Bass is tighter and deeper than the OPPO BDP-105D and it sounds more transparent. It's about the best sounding DAC I've heard other than the April Music Eximus DP1 I used to have on loan.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tascam DA-3000 Should I own one? - John Elison 22:12:23 08/29/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.