Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Marantz SA-7S1 upgrades?

I've owned this player for about 7 years and have no complaints. For some of that time I left the player on 24/7 which in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done. Now I'm wondering if I should be replacing the capacitors, at least, and maybe thinking about a few mods. I used to own the Sony 777ES SACD player and had a few mods done to it which, for the money, never seemed enough bang for the buck, IMO. For the Marantz, I could take it to a Marantz authorized service centre and ask for new caps and leave it at that, or source some premium type of caps and go from there. Mods I've been reading about seem very appealing in the $1,500 - $2,000 range, but do I need them? Going with just new caps is way cheaper but I still have the question if they need replacing, in the first place? In general I'm balancing 'need' with 'want' having just made significant upgrades elsewhere in my system. I need/want to know if the player is at it's best?

Anyone here have some advice or recommendations?

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Marantz SA-7S1 upgrades? - jkm 09:11:19 08/06/15 (58)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.