Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: RME

My comment about 44/16 are based on direct comparison of the same recording in different formats. There can be good, even very good, recordings in the 44/16 format, but they would have been better if made in a digital format with higher resolution.

I've seen several record labels switch from 44/16 to 96/24 in recent years when there was ready availability of equipment and software than runs at 192/24. I can conclude that these record labels are more concerned with cost than quality and/or lack the ability to discern subtle differences. I'm not sure what the situation is with BIS.

RME gear is priced and marketed to the prosumer market. It is not competing against the first rate mic preamp and converter vendors. I have yet to hear recordings credited with using RME gear that had first rate sound. Perhaps it is possible, but the people who can hear the subtle differences needed to consistently produce first rate recordings are not compromising on their equipment.

If you know of any great sounding recordings made with RME gear of music that might interest me, I would be interested in hearing them.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.