Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Pricing and Costs of SACD and DSD / High Res downloads

There is no music being sold that cannot be previewed....

Given the current state of this dying economy, - I would hazard that very people are buying anything unheard...

With the horrible new Apple paradigm, - it is set up for the consumer to buy, (and playback) from a small database of individual (favorite) songs: 1 or two songs per artist. It is centered around low quality, so that the consumer can play back that song anywhere, on 1 of 5 to 10 devices.

""With a little work one can find affordable high rez files that are the music you really like""

That is simply not true... As a matter of fact, I think that there are so few hi-rez files to download, that even classical fans would have a hard time finding music with good to great performances available. I think that you need to research further. Even huge, huge, stars like GoldFrapp, Groove Armada, Peter Gabriel, Sting, REM, Rolling Stones, who've already had hi-rez discs made, don't have the Hi-rez download files available...

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.