Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: you are a super "advanced" and "savvy" digital file

""All else being equal, I'd rather buy a physical CD and rip it than download the same thing. Only because I like liner notes.""

I feel the same: plus, - I don't trust ANY download unless I can verify it with reasonable testing. Since I am "getting out" of computer as transport to play my 2500 or so AIFF albums, I also do not want to invest in testing software.

I have about 50 SACDs & about 10 DVD-A/Dual discs. About 30 of those I really enjoy, play regularly, and will stop the computer & put in the SACD or DVD-A as the quality is enough to where I would enjoy it more.

That being said, I really enjoy my redbook disc quality on the Universal player. IMO, - I am lucky in that my player is a premier redbook player with SACD/DVD-A sounding pretty awesome, - but still as an afterthought. I have heard too many SACD players whose redbook sucks. At no time does computer playback equal the same quality as redbook discs, - but it's not too far off, and I haven't invested a ton of time or money in a dead or dying computer playback noisebox transport.

To people who have hundreds of SACDs and/or DVD-As, - I can see where they'd want a very good SACD spinner. This is especially true as legitimate DSD downloads are looking like a low value product, that will never take hold, and will die on the vine. Any redbook CD has tons more value than any hi-rez download, - IMO.

Any format success has to have a decent amount of Pop/Rock titles.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: you are a super "advanced" and "savvy" digital file - Sordidman 09:33:29 05/14/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.