Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Pricing and Costs of SACD and DSD / High Res downloads

Much of their PCM 2496 material is $20 which I think is very fair. The fact that their music can be previewed is a big plus as is eclassical. I think $20 is more than fair considering much of their material is starts as DSD. The eclassical pricing is less than that for most of my buys there.

I am not much into re-buying material I already own even if it is remastered, especially when those prices are usually $30 to $40 a pop. My last buy that way was a MFSL SACD of Billy Joel that did not really sound much better than my original lp. Different and with black backgrounds, yes, but not worth the $30 to me. Live and learn.

Reviews can help, but my systems are not up to the same standards of the reviewers so we will not hear the same thing. Someone with a $1k cart, a $2K phono stage and speakers over $10k will hear more than I do.

Now that I am older I am finding more interest in classical music, smaller acoustic ensemble work with vocalists, and more jazz titles. And as I work to created more complete boxed sets of the great composers, many of those can be had on CD for nearly a $1 a disc, a great buy and still very enjoyable. That is what I use Amazon for mostly. I am also not adverse to buying used CDs on occasion.

With a little work one can find affordable high rez files that are the music you really like, and often I am finding there are many artists who are new to me that I can really enjoy, and many of those are on the BlueCoast Records roster of artists. Quiles and Cloud will be my next buy as they are and excellent duo.

Jim Tavegia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.