Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Sam's just an old crank...

It's OK to ignore him. I understand he used to write for one of the Audiophile magazines so that makes him an expert.

Regards streaming, as long as you don't pay in advance, what's the risk.

You get 1 month free from most providers. If one can't figure out whether one streams enough music to make it worth the money, there may be no hope.

I was one of the first users of MOG which became BEATS which may become iTunes. I found MOG to be superior to Spotify (user interface and search) but once they became BEATS, all bets were off and I dumped them.

I had already signed up for QOBUZ while in Europe a couple summers ago and REALLY like their interface and search functions. Search by record label is an outstanding feature and a return in the thousands when searching by composer is outrageously great! SQ streaming at 16/44.1 is great but not TWICE as good as Spotify at 320kbps on a laptop with cans but is quite a bit better into a USB DAC in my main system.

TIDAL is just a waste of money, but not much at $19 a month. It works on the SONOS and QOBUZ doesn't. OTOH, Spotify does and on a SONOS speaker in the kitchen, who can tell the difference? Not me.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.