Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Pricing and Costs of SACD and DSD / High Res downloads

Hi Dave, thank you for responding.

If you're happy with iTunes and Spoltify, that's fine. I'm a believer that the original recording methods have more to do with overall sound quality than the format. On that we agree. Which is also why we offer 44.1 files at comparable pricing to iTunes downloads. We let the customer decide which format to enjoy.

We're not trying to convince anyone to move to a high resolution listening format, but we are trying to satisfy our buying customers. Currently, our best selling format is DSD128. While you may not agree, this is what is sustaining our business. It's growing. If people wouldn't be buying we wouldn't be selling and we wouldn't be in business.

About HDtracks... when we first decided to sell downloads in 2008, we approached them and never got a return response. Because the demand was high for our music in high rez, we figured out a way to sell downloads ourselves. That was one of our smarter moves to sustaining a music label business.

Next to consider is that HDtracks does not offer DSD downloads for sale and does not distribute worldwide. 80% of our market is outside of the USA. Pricing flexibility is also not offered at HDtracks or most of the download sites. Without it, we can't offer sales, rebates, free goods without their approval first. All these things have contributed to having a sustainable and growing business.

We may not have the visibility and promotional money that HDtracks has, but we don't have the associated expenses and licensing fees/territory restrictions major labels impose.

I'm happy to report that all of our labels have reported much higher sales with us than any other distribution outlet.

Our business model is working for us, maybe not for you. We're ok with that. We're not looking to convert you to buying our music. That's up to you. There are plenty of music sites out there for you to enjoy.

Enjoy your listening!
Cookie Marenco
Blue Coast Music Group
http://bluecoastmusic.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.