Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Analog vs Digital debate

What a crazy industry that simply cannot get beyond its infancy stages from a performance perspective.

Several years ago, I exhibited my wares at an audio show and spent some time at a distributors home where many silly reviewers rant and rave about his $300k - $500k system and his $200k room. One reviewer exclaimed, only money can get this level of performance.

We listened to some vinyl on his system and it was so unmusical, frankly it sounded like crap. Pure and simple.

During the exhibit that same distributor who had his own exhibit on the main floor brought several dealers up to my room to hear his amplifier and throughout the show he was routinely sending his visitors up to my room telling them if you really want to hear how this amp sounds go to room 2017 or whatever my exhibiting room number was.

And my exhibiting system retailed for about 1/10th of that POS sounding $300k system he had in his $200k room.

Amazing is perhaps the best word I can use.

Walk into the typical audio show exhibiting room and whether digital or vinyl, they generally sound quite a bit alike. However, digital has the potential to soar to levels vinyl could never attain. Not even a handful are able to extract these extreme levels of performance from digital but it can be done. And it never could be done with vinyl.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Analog vs Digital debate - stehno 02:40:59 05/10/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.