Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Kudos to Esoteric

Yes, I really loved my UX-3SE also. The only reason I started searching for a replacement a year ago was because technology marches on and I just wanted to see what else was out there before the Esoteric's value went to zero. I just assumed Esoteric's transport meant everything, as did its construction superiority.

I had zero experience with the OPPO product line but I've heard about them since they first started. Even in the reviews there was nothing too special written about the OPPO's. But with the OPPO's vastly superior performance, it's really in another league. As is its ability to act as a music server.

Like I think I mentioned earlier, I would have been elated if the $1300 OPPO would have only matched the UX-3SE's performance.

I've heard the X-1 in numerous systems but not my own. My best guess is that it's cut from the same cloth but a tad better. As I recall, the X-1 used to retail for about $16k. My guess is you can probably pick up a used one for about $4k or $5k, but why indulge in dinosaurs? Unless you're only into the bling bling?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.