Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

There's a debate?

No, there are two religions, and you believe one or the other. I don't think science ever enters the picture. All those measurements mean nothing compared to listening. You CANNOT approach topics like this scientifically. Please check your lab coat at the listening room door.

In my mind, there is no question of the superiority of digital media. Not all of it, but the best is equal to if not superior to analog in every respect, especially cost and longevity, and fidelity is no longer in doubt.

Records were great for a long time, but I hated every tick and pop and noisy groove and warp. I spent tons of money on Japanese and European pressings, and sold every one as fast as I could after I got my first CD player. Occasionally there was some regret, but not now. Hi-rez goes far beyond anything LP's could ever do. Redbook has improved immensely. Still, the dinosaurs and the tragically hip cling to their LP's because they once heard a crappy CD on a crappy CD player.

But the vinyl guys think we're nuts. Oh well. Maybe there is a debate.

Peace,
Tom E

berate is 8 and benign is 9

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.