Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

They're outrageously expensive, for one thing

I doubt that the price is justified by the expense of manufacture. They are intended for a selective audience for whom cost is not a relevant factor, whether or not the sound justifies it.

Would you rather have 3 or 4 regular SACD's or as many as 10 CD's, or one SHM? Not a tough call for me and my limited budget, and I LOVE good sound.

There might be a couple that are not available in any other hi-rez medium and so worth collecting for superior sonics or rarity. The only one I own is The Who's "Tommy." It is worth the extra cost to me because A: my name is Tommy; and B: I've been obsessed with this piece of music since its initial release on double LP; and C: it was remastered for the SHM SACD and sounds far better than the crappy SACD domestic release of a few years back. The SHM SACD sounds just like what I remember the original LP sounding like, only much better, and my hearing is pretty bad now compared to then (although my stereo is FARRRR superior), primarily from industrial exposure, age, and listening to "Tommy" (and many others) too loud through headphones.

Peace,
Tom E
berate is 8 and benign is 9

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.