Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Why bother

This thread turned into something I didn't intend at all.

You downloaders are a rude and clueless bunch. Aside from bloating the thread with your petty and endless arguments about what format can be downloaded (even the word is ugly and awkward language--please do something useful and invent a new term)and where it can be gotten from and the various difficulties and quirks involved, you then post here about your listening impressions in a format that was SPECIFICALLY mentioned to be inferior in the original post.

Please listen to the SACD as I originally suggested. Then you will be qualified to offer an opinion of the sound. Perhaps this thread will demonstrate the limitations of the downloading (ugh) fad compared to the superiority (?) of SACD discs. I'm not claiming that yet because I have not heard any DL format to compare. Maybe it's the other way around. I do try to have an open mind about all audio topics, but not all jumbled in the same thread. I know this forum is now open to discussing hi-rez in multiple formats, but please don't trash a thread about SACD with all this other computer puke. Ah, there's your new format name: CPF.

End of rant.
berate is 8 and benign is 9

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.