Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: All Four Volumes Are on classicsonlinehd.com as lossless -- nt

My PC connection to classicsonlinehd.com is via ethernet cable. That may make a difference if you are on the fringes of your router. In fact, it might be worth the effort to see if a wired connection makes any difference. I also use my iPod Touch with the classicsonlinehd app to listen to lossless files. The problem with the iOS implementation is that it was written for the iPhone 5 or above. These devices have 1G of RAM while even the new iPod touch has only 512M. This means that the iOS version runs out of memory on the iPod when trying to play anything above 24/44.1, but works most of the time on 16/44.1 files. It also blows up when a search returns many items. I have worked with their Help Desk on this, and I don't think they're going to reengineer their app for the 512M memory implementation.

I also have the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab4, and it works fine even with 24/96 files. It's just that the headphone output on the Samsung is quite deficient sound-wise compared to the iPod. In fact, using the iPod's headphone out with my new KEF headphones sounds very, very good.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: All Four Volumes Are on classicsonlinehd.com as lossless -- nt - srl1 07:36:36 02/12/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.