Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Fanfare

Yes, Kal. I did subscribe to Fanfare for awhile. In the early stages of building my SACD library, I combed through their online archives of SACDs and I did find a number of gems whose reviews I could cross check with sa-cd.net and other sources. And, there are a number of fine reviewers there. I was very happy with the results I achieved that way. But, it was a one-time thing.

I found Fanfare much less to my tastes and interests on an ongoing basis over time. So, I am a lapsed subscriber. Its coverage of SACD/hi Rez/Mch pales by comparison to sa-cd.net. And, the Fanfare reviewers have far less credibility on sonic issues, devoting even less attention to them than sa-cd.net reviewers, and usually stereo-only.

I must say, though, that your own occasional forays into recommended Mch discs have also been tremendously valuable to me. Keep up the very fine work! But, obviously, they are a drop in the bucket compared to sa-cd.net.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fanfare - Fitzcaraldo215 14:07:39 02/08/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.