Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Tascam DA 3000 24/192 Recorder

I recently bought a DA-3000. My main use is to record from analog sources (LP, tape) to DSD and PCM digital. It works quite well for this purpose. It will also play DSD files from other sources such as downloads from Acousticsounds.com, if you load them onto a thumb drive or CF or SD card. I'm also using it as an external DAC for my Squeezebox Touch, to play PCM files from my server and online radio stations. (While the DA-3000 won't play compressed files such as FLAC or MP3 directly, the Squeezebox converts them into an uncompressed format which the DA-3000 will accept on its coax digital input.)

The DA-3000 does appear to also accept DSD signals directly through an input on a BNC connector on the rear panel, and can record those signals onto CF or SD cards. However, this appears to be a pro audio interface. I'm not aware of any SACD player which will output the DSD data from an SACD in a form which could be fed to this input - doing so would bypass the copy protection built into SACD and violate the terms of the manufacturers SACD licenses. The only way to get the raw DSD data off a SACD remains the PS3 method, as far as I can tell.

I don't think the DA-3000 will convert DSD data to PCM except through an analog conversion step, but I haven't actually tried to find a way to do this, so it might be possible.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Tascam DA 3000 24/192 Recorder - bobschneider8 15:54:30 01/04/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.