Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I don't mind the price

I seem to recall paying $3.98 to about $5.98 for LPs in the 1960s. That's $30 to $45 in today's dollars.

I just paid $30.80 for Shelby Lynne's "Tears, Lies, and Alibis" LP. She is a great singer/songwriter, and the sound on the LP is as good as it gets. It's extra good for the money because the pressing is fairly low volume - we're not talking "Dark Side of the Moon" here. I can't imagine this is a money-maker.

So, buying a great LP for $30ish, or a great download for $22ish sounds like a good deal to my old ears. Sure, there are duds, and when we get one, whether from Jack's Records in Red Bank (where I got those early LPs) or from HD Tracks, we go back to the retailer, and they eat it to keep our business. (Only my mother returned records to Jack because the music was "horrible," and he was always very gracious about refunding her $3.98 while we kids hunkered down in the Oldsmobile station wagon, embarassed beyond measure.)

It's all relative. To those of us who walked five miles in the snow up hill both ways to school, it's all good.

WW
"Put on your high heeled sneakers. Baby, we''re goin'' out tonight.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.