Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: DSD via HDMI

I sold my Cary Cinema 11a several years ago after I installed the Parasound JC-2, now JC-2 BP. I had a vague recollection that it might have processed DSD via HDMI. An email from Dan Wemmer of Cary confirmed that it does, and emails from Dan and Richard Schram of Parasound suggested a setup. So I've arranged to buy another 11a. The Oppo 105 and Sony XA5400ES will connect to the 11a via HDMI for surround sound. Front LR from the 11a will be passed through the JC-2 BP, surround from the 11a will go directly to the amps, and SW to the bass manager. Analog stereo from the Oppo and Sony will also go to the JC-2 BP, as it does from the Ayre C-5xeMP and JC-3 phono stage. The JC-2 BP by-pass is very clean, with even the volume control by-passed.

I hope HDMI is not as buggy in the 11a I'm buying as it was in the 11a I sold, with loud clunks whenever a disc was started or stopped, presumably an HDMI handshake issue not well handled.

db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: DSD via HDMI - dbphd 10:21:38 11/14/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.