Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: It never got started

If you are a classical music aficionado, as I am, you don't care much about popularity contests. I don't see the relevance, as long as producers are content to continue with new releases, and they still do. My collection of hi rez classical in Mch on SACD and BD assembled over the last 7 years is now about equivalent in numbers to the number of LPs or CDs I had amassed over many decades. Are there a few holes in the available repertoire? Yes. But, from the standpoint of assembling a broad library of recordings for my listening pleasure, there is no problem. I am happier than ever with my available choices and with sonics that are far better than ever.

I have no delusions. I accept that classical is only a small niche and hi rez a niche within that and Mch a further niche within that. But, it is viable and the beat goes on, shifting increasingly to downloads or streaming. There is more than enough recorded material to listen to and enjoy in this niche. Hey, they do not sell a lot of Rolls Royces or Ferraris either. Why should their owners care about how many Toyotas are sold?

Edits: 11/03/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It never got started - Fitzcaraldo215 07:29:40 11/03/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.