Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Let's go to the numbers....

Hong Kong Sony Music is really turning up the heat with the new Joanna Wang SACD and these 2 compilation SACDs.

Currently, there are 9,556 SACD titles at sa-cd.net. For 2014, we are approaching 600 new SACD titles thus far. Therefore, 700 new SACD titles for 2014 may be possible.

Since the end of December 2012, Hong Kong music companies have released approximately 60 SACD titles. Support is coming from major labels as well as from smaller, independent labels (i.e. New Century Workshop). We are seeing 10 new SACD titles being released just this week by Capital Artists and Emperor Entertainment Group (EEG). Not talked about much is the SACD releases of Kitaro's "Best of Silk Road" and the soundtrack to the Oscar-nominated "The Grandmaster".

Rumored, but unconfirmed, another 50 new SACD titles will be unleashed upon the public within the next 2 months or so.

The SACD from A-mei on Forward Music....confirmed?

At this point, I think we can conclude that we now have 3 SACD pressing plant operating....Japan, Austria, and Germany. This is, at the minimum, the 4th year in which number of new SACD releases have been increasing.

Edits: 07/29/14 07/29/14 07/29/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.