Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Bass-akwards, I know but, how to DSF-to-ISO (to make a SACD/DVD)?

Let's say that I drop a bunch of PCM files into JRiver's converter (or HDPlayer, etc.), upsample them and turn them into DSF (DSD) files. They all play fine in the PC.

So far, so good. But then, brain-damaged me wants to also play these on a SACD player.*

It'd be nice to burn a few mixes on DVD discs, regardless of original individual type (PCM or DSD). I suspect that something like Audiogate would come in handy but it is not free anymore. So, I'd appreciate any pointers to accomplish this (without breaking the bank :-))

*Yes, had they been sourced from a SACD disc (via a PS3, for example), a file already in proper ISO format will work. Just burn the ISO to DVD and we are good to go (in SACD players "still allowed" to). However, creating a proper ISO image to burn a DVD (that these SACD players can read as DSD) from separate files is a different story. It appears that the native DSD format, not DSF, would be needed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Bass-akwards, I know but, how to DSF-to-ISO (to make a SACD/DVD)? - JBen 23:10:57 07/22/14 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.