Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Hirez Highway used to about SACD sounding great. Now

The Emperor's new clothes? You are right when the preponderance of opinion is against you? Yeah, that happens on occasion, but not as often as romantic myths might have you believe. Before accepting such a conclusion, you need to stop and think. Is there something else going on, like maybe a component or system issue? Or, are you just into your own head and biases so much that it distorts your honest perception.

I do not know what kind of music you listen to, and that might be a factor. But, are you saying that the CD layer sounds better than the DSD stereo layer of the same recording after level matching? It might be hard to level match exactly on musical material, but you might start there. Try that with a Radio Shack meter. It is well known that people generally prefer the louder of two sources, but not always if distortion or other aberrations occur.

Personally, with a good CD player, I was never sold on the magnitude of improvement stereo SACD provided. But, I cannot say CD was better. To the contrary. The main reason for my support of SACD is multichannel, which is a whole lot better than stereo. That is not even close for music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.