Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Problem to Play Blu-ray Audio Disc through a DAC

I have been trying to play a Blu-Ray Audio Disc (2L http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/8123) which contains 24Bit/192kHz audio signals. I have been using an old Blu-ray Player SONY BDP-S550 which I acquired around 2009. I tried to output the audio signal through coaxial into M2TECH YOUNG DAC which gives the incoming audio signal quality in term of sampling rate. The firmware of the BD Player is up to date. The priority setting for audio was set as coaxial/Optical. However, with DTS either direct or down mix, whatever the setting I used in the disc, I always got incoming sampling rate of 48kHz. I read some online information including the information here, and based on the learning I got Monoprice HDMI de-embeder. Hooked up with the system using HDMI output from BD player and coaxial from Monoprice HDMI de-embeder. Of course, with HDMI as primary audio output for BD player, I finally got 192kHz reading from M2TECH YOUNG DAC even though I really cannot tell the sound difference. This setting works for a few days until one day I read on line and found that coaxial should be able to handle 192kHz file. So I started to hook up the DAC with coaxial and bypassing the HDMI-linked Monoprice, I lost the 192kHz reading again, and worse than that, I could not get the 192kHz reading back when using the HDMI-Monoprice setting. Anyone can explain why this happens. System: Luxman A550 as preamp, PASS X30.5 as Amp, Dynaudio Contour 3.4 as speakers. Thank you very much for your help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Problem to Play Blu-ray Audio Disc through a DAC - davidhe19@yahoo.com 19:04:08 06/24/14 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.