Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Ill conceived?

I'm not talking about re-downloading....

My thought was to allow the Sony to download music from Sony, HDtracks, Blue Coast Records, SuperHiRez.com, and other digital download sources IN ADDITION TO the files you transfer to it from your own PC/Mac.

The Sony is already attached to the internet to grab metadata from Gracenote (like album art and track names) so it's not too far-fetched to extend that capability to downloading music.

As for 're-downloading', that too is not beyond reach. Apple does it with their iTunes Store, App Store, and iCloud. I can 're-download' anything that I have previously purchased to any of my several Apple devices including laptops, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, etc. I watch a movie on my iPad on the road. I can watch the same movie in my family room on the AppleTV, or on my Mac Mini in the study.

Other brands have similar solutions. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does this with their PlayStation franchise as does MS with the Xbox.

Sony can take the HAP-S1 and 'high-end' HAP-Z1ES a lot further than they have but both are 1st generation products. Perhaps we'll see more capability and a more polished product the next go around.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ill conceived? - AbeCollins 13:27:08 06/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.