Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

The Blu-ray should be coming....

Barry Holden, Universal Classics VP, stated as such in a recent Stereophile interview (posted here earlier), Here's the relevant quote (link to full interview below):

"I do intend, by the end of the year, to put out some full-length operas on Blu-ray. We just remastered the Pavarotti catalog in 24/96 in our newly acquired Abbey Road studios. We've got his great recordings with Karajan, and the great La Bohème, Turandot, and Madama Butterfly from the late 1960s and early 1970s."

And he also said:

"I want everything that's on Blu-ray to be at HDTracks. There will be bumps along that path, but not for long, I hope. However, not everything that gets to HDTracks will necessarily make it to Blu-ray."

I presume he also meant to include other hi-res download sites, like ProStudioMasters and Qobuz, with whom UMG has contracts.

Anyway, good news, and hopefully they will reissue more than just the (admittedly great) Pavarotti stuff on Blu-ray and hi-res download.

Russell

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The Blu-ray should be coming.... - Russell 09:59:11 06/01/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.