Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Any Hi-rez album recomendations.

This one sounds exceptionally good, and is also great piece of music.

quote[Torn was inspired partly by the tragic marriage of a close friend coming to an end and a strong artistic need for getting back to basics, The Blues. In a sense it is a concept album. The 9 songs follow each other in a logical order telling the story of a relationship falling apart. ''Come on in My Kitchen'' representing the initial attraction and the ''Thrill is Gone'' the end of love.
Carmen Gomes

The Torn album and Carmen Gomes has received white spread critical acclaim:

Her warm, enormously talented and controlled voice is completely unique and she knows how to get pure emotion across to the listener ...
The sound of the album is exemplary with dynamics of an addictive quality......the drums are practically visual and one feels as if one could reach out and and actually touch the singer.
Eric de Boer - Hifi.nl

Gomes Sings “You better come on into my kitchen, ‘cause it’s going to be raining outdoors” and what a wondrous musical kitchen she possesses.
The utensils are the thoughtfully played musical notes. The chef is Carmen herself, serving a dream-like melodic delicacy. We at Adore Jazz, play the music from Gomes’ new CD “Torn” with great joy.
Guy Zinger - Reviewer & Writer, All About Jazz
Station Programming Manager; Adore Jazz on 1 FM

Gomes has a bluesy voice, that balances gracefully between sensual surrender and control.
E. van den Berg - De Volkskrant]

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Any Hi-rez album recomendations. - IanU 03:37:13 04/21/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.