Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

There's two issues with this argument....

That is, whether you can hear the difference or whether it's worth it.

As to the first, no question. There's a big difference and it can certainly be heard. If - you have a stereo system or a music player that can properly resolve that difference.

Anyone who argues that you can't tell the difference between a redbook CD and an HD 24/96 either hasn't tried it themselves or is another lazy reporter looking to file copy.

Is it worth it? That's a personal question that people need to answer for themselves.

Another complication (OK, a third thing) is the quality of any recording, CD redbook or otherwise or supposedly HD download where you get an upsampled whatever.

But, sonic quality. Music placement, subtle nuances, resolution of background depth, accuracy and placement of soundstage, "close your eyes and imagine that you're there".

If you play the CD, and then a 24/96 recording of the same track from the same LP, you will hear a difference. I don't know why we even have to discuss this. But then, how many people have the equipment and the inclination to even do that comparison?

(Seriously? Can't tell the difference? Man.)

Edits: 04/08/14 04/08/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • There's two issues with this argument.... - StephenJK 16:31:06 04/08/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.