Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: ridiciulous article... what I'd expect from Stereopile

Don't know why you're spouting so much hostility. The audio is exactly the same as what you'd get if you downloaded the audio files at the same resolution used to make the BluRay. Those files would sound exactly the same if they arrived on a data DVD or on an SACD. There is no need to test anything pertaining to the new format, although it would be nice to have some opinions as to whether these BDs have better sound than CDs made from the same remastering of the original. It's just another delivery system for high-resolution music files, with several advantages over SACD and downloads:

1. A lot more people own BluRay players now than own SACD players. This would presumably include classical music buffs. So there is a bigger market.

2. It is a lot easier to play a disc in a BD player than it is to download files and figure out how to get them from a PC into an audio system.

3. These are priced significantly less than SACD reissues of older recordings, with the exception of those RCA "Living Stereo" SACD reissues of several years back.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ridiciulous article... what I'd expect from Stereopile - pbarach 15:49:19 03/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.