Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Describe the OPPO Signature you mentioned.

I'm not keeping it because of its sonic signature. If I decide to keep it, and I'm now leaning in that direction, it will be in spite of its sonic signature. I'm becoming accustomed to its sonic signature and it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I first heard it. In fact, the more I listen, the more I'm discovering that some things actually sound pretty good when played on the Oppo.

The main reason I bought the Oppo was to consolidate all my digital audio and video components into one component while also adding SACD capability to my system. The Oppo BDP-105D does this very neatly. It replaces my DVD/Blu-Ray player, my CD player, my computer music server, and my DAC with one component that has balanced analog outputs. This is what I wanted. The Oppo BDP-105D allows me to remove all the clutter from on top of my fireplace mantel. You can see the difference in the following "before" and "after" pictures.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Describe the OPPO Signature you mentioned. - John Elison 16:48:42 03/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.