Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: It's kind of bitter sweet...

Hi John,

Your listening preferences might be a bit different than mine, but it seems we both tend to favor analog over digital, based on past posts. When I first got the Oppo 105 and plugged it in, I was pretty disappointed with the sound out of the box. But, today I must say it is a completely different story for me. Surprisingly I'm super happy with the player and it's ability to do so much for so little, and keeping in mind 2CH stereo was always my goal here. On weekends when I have the time and I really get into lisening session, I do opt for my analog rig, does it sound better, um..yes. Do I not enjoy my Oppo after a weekend of vinyl, no! I get reminded how close to playing vinyl it goes, unlike my last CD/SACD player. It even has allowed me to make finer speaker adjustmens to further take advantage of sound staging that my Eminent Technology ET8b does so well. Never saw that one coming!

To answer your concern, is it better or are you just getting use to the sonic signature? I would suggest, who cares if you are enjoying the moment. I tend to enjoy the journey and the learning experiences different audio gear offers, luckly digital has gotten less expensive to do right, and we get to benefit by the technology.

Good luck with your journey, in the end you have the choice, which is the best thing of all, to keep it or send it back with no stings attached.

Best,
Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.