Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Any way to filter out the annoying, "slightly echoey" sound of upper frequencies in Hi-Res downloads ?

I stopped downloading Hi-Res files some time ago because I just could'nt get past the slightly "echoey sound" I was hearing in every one of the downloads. I was listening through "Up Sampling" DACs (supposedly hi res files were being played natively) that made some nice sounding Redbook rate files sound a bit "echoey" also. (Do people buy crappily recorded/produced music that needs that much "help"; that can be the only explanation I
can think of).

I like the sound of SACDs , but the CD layer played through my Consonance CD player had better micro detail & body to the sound than the SACD played through the Oppo 95 .
I found out the Consonance was using a NOS DAC chip.

I'm enjoying the DAC I use now(Metrum Hex) tremendously & I'm wondering if there may have been some element I may have been missing when I listened to Hi Res music. Could
it be that I have a high sensitivity to Upper Frequencies that most people don't have ?

The Hex has Hi-Res capabilities (No DSD capabilities unfortunately). Is there any way I can
"manipulate" Hi Res PCM to sound more agreeable to me. (Yeah, a lot of you may find this
to be a strange posting, but I thought I'd ask anyway)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Any way to filter out the annoying, "slightly echoey" sound of upper frequencies in Hi-Res downloads ? - Old SteveA 13:03:20 03/12/14 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.