Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Sorry about that, John.

> Are you sure you've goosed the thing to its max, via the monitor you attached to it?

I have no idea what that means, but I have explored every aspect of its setup menu and I understand it thoroughly. I bought it primarily for listening to digital music and I've optimized it for two-channel stereo.

First you said yours was quite listenable out of the box and then you implied it let you hear deeply into SACDs before you sent it away for modification, but after a good two-week break-in period. I've been listening to mine for only three days. Perhaps it will improve.

On the other hand, I have a feeling that my system is more resolving than yours and perhaps that is the reason your Oppo sounded okay out of the box. I've been listening to high-resolution 24/96 and 24/192 digital with an exceptional DAC through Thiel CS3.7 speakers for over a year. Apparently, I've gotten used to a rather high level of fidelity and the Oppo brought me back down to mid-fi instantly. Oh well. Such is life!

Best regards,
John Elison

PS. The "D" stands for Darbee. It is a video enhancement system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.