Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

It's kind of bitter sweet...

Having only logged about 2 days of continuous play(set of repeat of course) and one spin of the old PAD revB system enhancer, I have to say the Oppo 105 is kicking the crap out of my old SCD-1, sadly.

After going into the 105 and making all the adjustments to max out performance for 2 CH audio reproduction(great idea from the Oppo boys), I have to admit this is one really quite surprisingly excellent player as compared to my previous, though I must say, and to be fair I do recognized the laser on my SCD-1 was on the outs and not working as factory fresh.

I'll do a little follow up after a couple weeks or so and report what has changed but for now I am completely satisfied with this product and even if it were to stop advancing in sound quality right here, I'd be pretty happy based on my cash outlay. So far, I'm getting punch in the low end to die for, natural mids - fat and warm(hey - just how I like them, I'm a tube guy for god's sake) and a lack of the hi freq sizzles. Highs do seem a tad recessed right now but I'm hoping they open up just a bit more with the required 200 hr break in. Either that or I'm just use to my ears burning after a couple hrs of play with my pervious player. Somewhat serious here.

I can without reservation recommend this player to anyone looking at a new CD/SACD player in the under 5k range without hesitation, and you even get a 30 day full refund with shipping if for some crazy reason it doesn't float your boat or more so you are needy for a premier name tag to impress the kiddies! OK, I best stop here, LOL.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.